Mitchell Family

Mitchell Family

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Some fun Moments!

I thought I would share some of our fun moments. For Christmas, Kyler got a K'nex set from Santa. It is quite a large thing and has a BOOK of instructions. He has finished it, even with "little brother interruptions and mishaps!" It is really neat. He (and Kavan) have been really excited about it!

!

Kavan decided he needed to build something all by himself, too!



Then Kenzie figured out how to make Cheerio towers without glue and everyone was entertained.



I have never been able to make an edible loaf of bread by myself. So, Layne decided that we were going to try together (since he just ordered more wheat). My Aunt Patty is awesome in the kitchen -she always has a beautiful garden and she makes so many different, yummy, made from scratch food. So, Layne got her bread recipe (which she said was the best and so easy) and we tried. And we failed! It was very sad! After phone calls and messages to my aunt and my mother in law we tried to figure out what we were doing wrong. My mother in law was even going to come and help me make bread on Thursday. Well, starting Tuesday all of my family got sick, one at a time, and I was home all week with lots of time (since nobody was going anywhere)! So, guess what, Thursday I made bread - by myself - and IT WORKED! It was made among sickness so we have not shared and don't really have proof, but we are excited at how edible it was for my family! :)



So, my next thought is one of those touching moments that involves my Karlee. I've talked about her inner feisty (Example: a famous quote from Karlee - talking to McKenzie - "Can we have a sleepover, if I stop bothering you!?!"). However, I failed to mention that she is probably our most tender child.



You have to know a little bit about my brother to fully understand this. We lost my brother, Mike, in a tragic car accident on November 14, 2003. He was 30 years old and married with a daughter about 6 months older than Karlee. Kavan was born on October 16, 2003. Part of Kavan's PreK homework was to talk about the day he was born. So, we pulled out pictures and looked and talked for probably about an hour. Kavan had the realization that Uncle Mike had never seen him or met him (Kavan was being blessed the first Sunday in December so that's when they were coming). He was very concerned and said, "Mom, he never meet me and I never meet him." Karlee responded very gently, but very matter of fact, "Don't worry you'll meet him, maybe when Jesus comes again." And Kavan was good with that.
How thankful I am for my kids, for my family, for Jesus Christ's atoning sacrifice and for a loving Heavenly Father. I am very grateful for the knowledge of Heavenly Father's plan and the opportunity we have to be forever families.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great looking loaf of bread. I am so proud. I'm sure it was yummy. I guess you just need to keep Layne out of the kitchen.

    Love ya
    Patty

    ReplyDelete