Mitchell Family

Mitchell Family

Friday, April 16, 2010

A beekeeper, indeed!

Kyler, after being introduced to 4-H in the fall at school, decided that he wanted to join the bee club and learn how to be a beekeeper. So he saved his money, bought a suit and equipment, built a hive, and bought bees. The bees were delivered April 9th in a cardboard box. And here is what happened...



He's pretty excited! - This video cracks me up because he looks like a little alien man in his "too big of a suit" with the smoke billowing around him! :)

7 comments:

  1. How cute. How far away did Layne stand and zoom in with the camera? Calm bees???? Can't wait to try some honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny....the whole time I watched it I was thinking of Back to the Future when he is wearing the yellow suit and the people in the past think he's a martian.

    Also, how cool is it that Kyler is a beekeeper? That is definitely not something that any of my friends did when I was in school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorrie, first of all I don't think I have seen your blog before. I LOVE your picture at the top! LOVE it!
    I'm totally impressed that Kyler saved his money and bought all that stuff on his own. He did a great job moving the bees. It sounded like Layne has some experience with Bee's in the past. I wouldn't know the first thing about what to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I got to say, I think the bee suit looks good on Kyler-it suits him :) Good luck
    -Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kyler is seriously so so cool! I love this video. I want to be like him when I grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So do you think Benjamin's too young?? I LOVE LOVED the birds tweeting and chirping and the rooster crowing in the background ... we need to get a few more acres (ONE DAY!) -and maybe we'll "rent" Kyler to come and teach Benjamin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So awesome!!!! Kyler is going to be such a good beekeeper!

    ReplyDelete