Mitchell Family

Mitchell Family

Sunday, January 30, 2011

December Fun!

So the first weekend of December got Christmas going right away with the Grovetown Christmas tree lighting!  It was cold but Kenzie was still excited to go and help usher in the Christmas season with the band!



The same weekend was Linda's (my mother-in-law) annual Christmas Open House.  The open house is always so much fun and I even had repeat customers with my jewelry sales this year!  I actually took some really fun pictures so you could see all the goodies that were for sale this year...but we cannot locate those pictures.  Anyway, Linda had candles, soap, pottery, and vinyl.  April had wellness bags and super cute aprons.  Jana and Samantha had cute burp cloths, hair clips, reindeer food, and trail mix.  McKenzie had diaper straps and I had my jewelry!  We also went out for our dessert again this year and it was so great - Samantha got our conversations started with the question, "What is your most embarrassing moment?" !!!!  Oh, the things we shared!

We then took a Monday night to enjoy Lights of the South with Kirk and Tyler's families!  It was so cold but so fun and beautiful!!  I also had some great pictures of this night that have been lost - bummer!  But I do have the "Santa Picture!"


 Click to View My Photo

 
While I was at the open house, Layne and the kids got lights up outside and the tree up.  So, when I got home it was time to do the inside decorating.  It's fun to watch the kids remember the ornaments - the stories behind the ornaments - or how old they were when they made some of the ornaments!






The next weekend we headed to Athens for UGA's middle school honor band festival.  Mckenzie and and my nephew, Collin, were both invited this year and it was so fun!  The music they put together in such a short amount of time is A.MA.ZING!  What a great experience!

McKenzie's band director was from our area!



Cute!
So much fun already!

No comments:

Post a Comment