Mitchell Family

Mitchell Family

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Why?

Exercise and household chores are at times... quite "nagging."   I think for me it is a love-hate relationship.  I love the feel of accomplishing a "good workout" and I also love having a clean house with laundry and ironing done - but sometimes it seems sooooo hard to be motivated to do it.  Why is that?


Quite often, during family prayers in the mornings, my kids will pray that we will make good choices - and have good days in school or at work - and that we will be able to do so with safety.  One morning Karlee prayed, "Please bless us that we will have a good day at school.  That Kavan will be on green, that I will not get any strikes, and that Kyler and Kenzie will not go to the principal's office.  Please bless that daddy will have a good day at work and please bless mommy that she will have a good time doing whatever it is that she does...."





I wish we were still on vacation!  :)

7 comments:

  1. Cute! I hope you DO have a great day doing "whatever it is us moms do"...
    We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes, the life of a mom. We get to stay at home and do... whatever it is we do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's funny. I actually often wonder what moms who have all of their kids in school do all day. You'll have to let me know sometime! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jessica!

    Yesterday I worked out, cleaned 2 bathrooms, did half of the dusting, washed six loads of laundry, folded six loads of laundry, helped kids with homework, picked Kyler up from baseball, helped kids with homework, made dinner, played the piano for a bit while dinner cooked :)...... - Today I went to work and now I'm eating lunch while catching up on blogs and email. Needless to say, I think kids grow up way too fast and you still stay busy - maybe just in a different way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza Lorrie--You do way more then I do by FAR. So...I'm a little worried about the future now. Thanks bunches :) Also--I love your blog--you're family's hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Cari!

    No, no. I don't do way more and don't worry about the future! It's all good! Maybe it's just the timing of things that change. Well, the kids' clothes do get bigger, which does change the size of a load of laundry! :) But, the older kids get the more they help with chores! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! You are way more organized than me haha. I wish I could get half of that done in a day!!! Gotta love that Karlee!!!

    ReplyDelete